E2 Power Systems' on-staff Generator Specialist can complete the generator studies needed to provide the necessary information to maximize operating efficiency, increase reliability and reduce costs. Our generator specialist will provide the direction required to help ensure the viability of systems, equipment and the safety of staff.
The below list of testing methodologies are available through E2 Power Systems and can be performed on many generators brands including GE, ABB, Siemens, Holec, Alstom, and Ansaldo.
- Generator stator bar rewedging
- Electromagnetic Iron Core Imperfection Detection (EL-CID) testing for stator iron core damage analysis
- Hydraulic Integrity Test (HIT) skid testing for water-cooled generator stators
- Wedge Tapping test for stator wedge tightness analysis
- Insulation Integrity Testing comprising of: Polarization Index (PI), DC leakage testing, DC hi-pot and AC hi-pot testing for generator stators and rotors
- Doble Power Factor / Tan Delta testing for stator insulation condition analysis
- Rotor Retaining Ring Removal and Re-Fitting for end winding inspection
- Repetitive Surge Oscillation (RSO) for testing shorted turns in the rotor
- AC impedance testing on rotors for shorted turn analysis
- Removal and replacement of rotor collector rings using induction heater
- Generator training